The 2022 Teamsters Local 916 Scholarship Application Is Now Available!To be considered, the application form must be COMPLETED IN FULL AND RECEIVED at the Teamsters Local Union 916, 3361 Teamsters Way, Springfield, IL 62707, or submitted electronically to([email protected]) by the close of business (4:30 p.m.) Wednesday, August 31, 2022, with all of the following documents attached:
I. AMOUNT, NUMBER AND AWARD OF SCHOLARSHIP
- Each Scholarship is $500.00
- Scholarships are funded with the support of the 916 Scholarship Golf Outing (September 16, 2022) and availability of Scholarship Charitable Funds.
- Scholarships shall be awarded at the regular general membership meeting on September 15, 2022.
- The applicant will be notified by mail either a letter of denial or a payment starting October 3, 2022.
- Scholarships are available to full members in good standing with Teamsters Local 916, spouses, children, and stepchildren. A member is defined as a person belonging to Teamsters Local 916 for twelve (12) consecutive months with all dues current through the month of August.
- Applicants must be enrolled and provide proof as a full-time student for fall semester (12 Credit Hours) in an accredited or recognized university, college, junior college or technical/vocational school. Full-time student Credit Hours for Graduate School shall be nine (9) credit hours for the fall semester.
- Applicant must have completed 24 credit hours or more (sophomore status) with a minimum Cumulative GPA of 2.5 on a 4.0 scale or equivalent.
- Applicants must submit this completed application to Teamsters Local 916 Scholarship Program, Teamsters Local 916, 3361 Teamsters Way, Springfield, IL 62707 or via E-Mail to ([email protected]). It is the responsibility of the applicant to ensure that this application is fully completed with all items attached and is received by the close of business (4:30 p.m.) on Wednesday, August 31st, 2022 or the application will be rejected.
- BASIS OF AWARD
- Properly completed application with all required documents included.
- Verification of enrollment, official transcript and GPA.
- The application must be signed by the Sponsoring Union Member.
- Personal resume
- Letter on the “Impact of the Teamster Union to you and your family.”
- Proof of admission for fall classes showing credit hours
- Official School Transcript with GPA (do not open the envelope, School may email the official Transcript to the hall)
- Recent photo (Please send photo as an attachment in an email from your phone. No photocopied photos)